- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment client in Glendale, CA is seeking a Merchandise Assistant Buyer to join their team. This is a 7-month temporary opportunity with the possibility of extending.
As the Merchandise Assistant Buyer, you will be responsible for assisting the manager with the department’s omni-channel strategy. This person will support the team through leading turnover meetings, ensuring delivery status is tracked and monitoring sales and inventory results. It is crucial this person builds relationships with cross-functional partners to support the bricks and online businesses.
- Assists the Manager with creating the department’s omni-channel strategy. Responsible for management of a sub-category within the department ensuring assortment meets the financial and assortment goals.
- Leads the Ecom turnover process for the department including tracking of photo samples, creating turnover sheets, presenting the samples in the turnover meeting highlighting features and attend weekly fast track meetings where needed.
- Participate in departmental and team meetings, including departmental cross-functional business meetings to discuss delivery status and escalate & resolve issues as necessary. Analyze business weekly and identify styles for inventory chase. Contribute to quarterly hindsight.
- Builds relationships with omni- channel partners including Site Merchandising, Sales and Show, Parks, Marketing and Guest Services to ensure the department’s product strategy is executed properly.
- Reports on omni-channel market trends for assigned sub-category. Identify white space opportunities and competitive analysis for assigned sub-category.
- Ensure all items and information pulls into the Monthly Ecom Handover and Fast Track Files. Review & provide proofing comments for initial product urls, copy & photography in the CMC online system.
- Responsible for managing the assigned department’s range plan including item setup, updates and stage sets.
- Send Monthly business recaps to each licensee.
- Select weekly product features for homepage and Emails (JIRA) for assigned sub-category.
- Review and advise on Pub/Buy Report 3x a week.
- Explain and guide new licensees through the vendor set up process.
- Partner with site merchandising to ensure assortment discovery for assigned sub-category.
- Oversees ShopMarvel.com for assigned sub-category.
- Manage and mentor direct report ensuring regular objectives are set and reviewed and feedback is given.
- Solid presentation skills and able to motivate both internal and external partners
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible, detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, people oriented, strong collaborator and team player
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Resourceful, innovative and responsive to change
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Keynote)
Required Education: BA/BS pref.
Retail experience a strong plus as will be working on specific projects of a somewhat limited scope and 2-3 year's of retail experience will be helpful.
Our Entertainment and Consumer Products client could quite possibly have the world’s biggest range of product offerings. Their stories and characters are all brought to life through innovative and engaging physical products and cutting edge digital experiences. Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up either playing or seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
This division includes some of the most innovative and talented app and game developers, graphic artists and marketing experts in the world. These people enjoy what they do, and it shows through the products they’re creating and bringing to consumers every day. Add the world’s happiest brand to your resume, while expanding your skills and experience with one of the world’s most recognizable companies.