- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
This candidate will work closely with our Design Outreach creative leads to craft content and drive social strategy and execution for Design Outreach—everything from conceiving campaigns, to writing, scheduling, and posting on our social media sites, and helping to craft and deploy our weekly and quarterly newsletters. The candidate will be expected to collaborate regularly with our team of editors, writers, producers, designers.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced studio environment, possess excellent communication and writing skills, and care deeply about crafting meaningful stories about design and technology. They should be fluent in social media best practices, enthusiastic about measuring, documenting, and sharing metrics, as well as have a keen understanding and engagement with our audiences and designer/developer community at large.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Writing, scheduling and posting on our social media sites.
2. Helping to craft and deploy our weekly and quarterly newsletters
3. Provide a range of editorial support and collaborate regularly with our team of editors, writers, producers, designers and our cross-functional UX partners
- At least 4-5 years working in content strategy for media, design, or large technology company, write, edit, or produce content corresponding social channels
- Develop social programming for events and partnerships (both internal and external)
- Work on comms and messaging for UX community – including strategic presentations
- Work cross-functionally with UX teams and partners on programs, activations, and events
- Develop impact reporting through metrics analysis and reporting
- Based in NYC*
- BA/BS in communications / journalism (design degree a bonus)
- Ability to develop clear and engaging stories/messaging about the contemporary design practice
- Fluency with Social Media metrics and reporting
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A good sense for the graphic design practice—acuity with basic concepts like grids, typography, graphic design and responsive design
- A good sense for tech audience, with an eye towards developer relations
- Ability to refine and craft high level messaging for team leads and directors
- A positive attitude
- Precise attention to detail
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with working in CMS
- Fluency with Google apps, esp slides, sheets, and docs
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: