The team needs an exceptional Business Affairs manager who is a true pioneer, highly entrepreneurial, chalk full of ingenuity, and deeply passionate about enabling a team to produce truly world-class content.
You will be hands-on in the operations of the cross-functional Business Affairs team and involved in the process of making content from soup to nuts. You’ll combine your production and entertainment knowledge, strong business acumen, creativity and growing understanding of the platform and products to contribute to a efficient and innovative business affairs team that set the bar for the entire industry.
To be a good fit, you’ll have: expertise in and passion for digital content, entertainment development deals, fluency in working with advertising agencies, media companies, publishers, networks, and production companies and understanding and a wide ranges of content execution strategies. You are an entrepreneurial in spirit, ready to roll up the sleeves and dig into the complexities of any business and strategy challenge.
● Contract drafting, negotiating, and advisory responsibilities
● Advise on all Business Affairs matters for development, production, post production, sales, distribution, and service of all entertainment and business endeavors from a legal, financial, entertainment, and strategic perspective
● Work with all cross-functional partners that make up the Business Affairs team – Legal, Finance, Sourcing, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Comms Planning.
● Project manage complex work streams
● Work with internal and external counsel handling production legal, litigation, copyright and trademark, music, and rights and clearance matters
● Analyze deal opportunities and formulate business strategies with respect to various development and production matters
● Maintain relationships with key agencies, managers, and attorneys in the entertainment community
● Oversee corporate compliance with contractual and legal obligations in regards to Media and Production
● 6+ years of experience in Business Affairs
● Business Affairs experience with entertainment properties and creative agencies
● Experience with social networking, platform integrations, publishing platforms, broadcast, & new media
● Understanding of all Union requirements, agreements, and negotiations
● Relationships with Digital Creators, Publishers, Creative Agencies, and Studios
● Experience negotiating strategic transactions
● Must be eligible to work in the US
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, systems engineering, business, or a related field.