- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Courtney Schaefer
As a Product Marketing Manager for approximately 12 months or longer at a Fortune 500 tech company in Mountain View, CA, you’ll lead core product marketing and strategy for products. As a champion for the voice of the customer, you’ll seek customer insights that influence how products are designed and marketed. You’ll help to define and bring products to market, and ensure their ongoing success.
- Partner with customer researchers to design, implement, and then synthesize insights from primary customer research
- Analyze the competitive landscape and find opportunities for differentiation
- Work closely with product managers and user experience designers to shape the direction of a product from the early stages of development
- Own the development of product positioning, naming, and messaging strategy for your product(s)
- Write briefs and review creative assets to make sure that your positioning and messaging strategy comes to life consistently in the real world
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of product marketing or equivalent strategic marketing experience in consumer technology or consumer services
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Demonstrated experience in shaping product roadmaps and user experiences through actionable insights and recommendations
- Experience in product branding, messaging, positioning
- Real-world experience in home security or smart home
- Experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Track record of high performance and productivity
- Ability to influence all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: