Production Designer - Global Beauty
This is a long term ongoing position which allows excellent opportunity for growth and could provide a permanent opportunity. This role will be based onsite 40 hours/week. We offer a competitive hourly rate plus subsidized benefits.
Packaging/Print Production background preferred
4-5 years of experience preferred
Personality - outgoing, talkative, creative brainstormer, able to work efficiently with a team
This position is responsible for the development and overseeing of final execution for visual merchandising in-store production artwork in North America, specializing in new and emerging business within Specialty-Multi Channel. The candidate will report directly to the SDVM team, but partner with cross functional creative teams to apply approved concept directions to the mechanical layouts of various in-store elements to support SDVM initiatives for seasonal updates, new product launches, and other promotional collateral. This position will work with the production team to oversee the final checkpoint in the creative process, the ideal candidate will be self-sufficient in time management, and resourceful with a keen eye for the smallest detail to ensure that brand standards are maintained.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supports the Specialty-Multi Channel team with gondola and in-store visual updates and print production.
• Ensure brand design standards are upheld, style guide is adhered to and approved assets are being used.
• Understanding of die-lines, type-safeties, lives and trim.
• Responsible for all revisions including typesetting, layouts, translations, pricing, etc.
• Utilize product assortment provided by marketing teams to layout artwork in intended order by shade and productivity.
• Ability to solve layout challenges creatively while maintaining integrity of approved design direction.
• Participate in weekly cross-functional department status meetings and coordinate on a daily basis with other members of the Creative and Creative Operations teams as needed.
• Create PDFs of all artwork for interdepartmental review.
• Prepare/Package final press ready files based on retailer/vendor output specs.
• Catalog and organize artwork files (working and final) for future reference.
• Ability to works cross functionally and able to meet deadline.
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field.
• Jr. Designer 1-3 years of experience in a graphic design or print production role.
• MAC platform and Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of pre-press and print production.
• Attention to detail and ability to carefully follow direction.
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to take direction and work closely with team members.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Sitting, Typing, Frequent Standing, and Walking, Occasional lifting (less than 25 lbs)