AQUENT is seeking for a Linux Quality Engineer to apply develop subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex thin client connectivity issues within Citrix, VMware, RDP and ThinPro environments. This candidate will work on problems of diverse complexity and scope involving Linux as operating system. This candidate will be one that has expertise experience in use and debugging of Linux operating systems. This individual will be working with cross functional teams; Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain, and Customer Support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain, and Customer Support teams.
- Working knowledge of QA systems and/or performance-based audits, assessments and resulting technical and statistical reports.
- Understand system verification & software quality processes.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize technical problems, and apply analysis and testing, if necessary, to generate suitable solutions and effectively document and communicate results.
- Works with cross functional teams to identify improvement areas in system test including automation.
- Self-motivated and ability to follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document processes and results.
- Troubleshoot and isolate thin client failures to determine root cause(s) based on programming, integration activities, general objectives and knowledge of debugging using log files and remote tools where applicable.
- Make recommendations to R&D for software designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions of the subsystems software, including operating systems, compilers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related connectivity.
- May write and execute protocols, that identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture to solve customer escalations.
- 5+ years of practical QA Engineering experience with Linux-based applications and associated hardware.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Should have strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Well versed QA methods used in Agile and/or Waterfall development environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work on multiple, concurrent projects in a dynamic environment and manage time appropriately.
- Commitment to quality practices, objectivity and analytical methodologies to identify problems in hardware, software and firmware at the system level.
- Experience with test automation tools & scripting languages.
- Knowledge of test automation & software development life cycle.
- Working knowledge in defect management and tracking system.
- Scripting, Virtualization, Cloud solution, and Automated Testing experience a plus.
Education and Experience Required
- 4-6 years of experience.
- Expertise in linux.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Software systems debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills