- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
Aquent's Client is looking for a UX Designer who will own and lead feature development for one or more of the company's camera products. You will be able to navigate ambiguity and create elegant design solutions within a fast-moving, agile environment. You will bring a mix of great visual aesthetic with an ability to understand how to make a complex product feel simple and intuitive. You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world.
- Work with Senior UX team members to design and create high quality user interfaces
- Asset and spec creation across platforms (mobile, web, products)
- Strategize, brainstorm, and design key features
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into a clear direction and tangible artifacts so that the cross-functional team can align on vision and a path forward.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- BFA, BA, or BS degree in design or a related discipline
- 3+ years experience as a designer working on consumer experiences for iOS, Android, web applications, and/or hardware products.
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong creative and visual skills
- Ability to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous environment and distill complex processes into simple, clear user interactions.
- Cross-platform experience, designing for various screen sizes.
- Illustration and/or visual asset creation skills.
- Experience designing software experiences relating and interacting with physical products.
- Experience collaborating closely with a variety of other UX disciplines (research, copy, audio, prototyping).
- Strong leadership when collaborating with design, engineering, product, and marketing.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: