AMAZING OPPORTUNITY for a Senior Associate, Digital Strategy (Data Analyst) in Washington DC
Fantastic work environment with collaborative team, competitive pay, excellent benefits and work/life balance
This position is responsible for collecting and analyzing digital analytics across all of a known charitable foundation’s channels and communicating key findings to the organization’s senior leadership team and to colleagues in the Communications department. The major tasks include analyzing data, interpreting results, and developing clear analysis that tells the story behind the numbers for external communications activities.
- Uses analytics to make recommendations to optimize performance of digital properties, including website, newsletters, and social media.
- Analyze the data and trends to improve SEO and inform content strategies.
- Proactively collaborates with various team members to plan, execute, and evaluate content performance and A/B testing across channels.
- Communicates results effectively by telling the story behind the data and developing actionable recommendations.
- Tracks and measures metrics across the digital suite of tools at the organizational, project, campaign, and content level.
- Works to improve data methodology by applying statistical methods to reduce “noise” and improve results.
- Generates, writes, and distributes analytic reports for Communications and program staff that result in a better understanding of Pew’s audience and provide insight into trends to help strategic planning.
- Develops benchmarking for digital properties.
- Responds to requests for metrics from colleagues across the Communications department; prepares presentations on metrics.
- Defines traffic and engagement baseline measurements for websites and other digital channels; suggests improvements in content production and placement that could help increase audience reach, engagement, and impact.
- Educates colleagues on identifiable trends based on analytics and provides overviews of effective communications tactics and lessons learned.
- Presents to all levels of staff to help inform colleagues about the value of analytics, new data and analysis, results of testing, and best practices.
- Contributes to and participates in tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on statistics, mathematics, computer science, marketing or similar degree experience preferred.
- A minimum of four years of applicable professional experience required.
- Strong strategic and tactical analytics and metrics understanding and skills, honed by previous digital analytics experience in either the for-profit or nonprofit arena.
- Significant experience configuring and using tag management and data management platforms required.
- Demonstrable expertise in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Twitter analytics, and Facebook Insights is required.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms required. Other analytics software experience is a plus.
- Understanding of digital marketing best practices including developing and optimizing measurement frameworks for content marketing campaigns, cross-channel advertising efforts, email marketing campaigns, as well as SEO requirements.
- Proven experience using SQL to effectively manipulate various data sets, clean and prepare data for analysis, and query data for scheduled and on-demand reporting needs.
- Analytical programming experience including predictive analytics, modeling, and forecasting is preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to analyze data, interpret information and trends in large amounts of data to develop actionable recommendations.
- Proficiency with data programming of some kind (R, Python, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, organize time and identify resources for projects.
- Team player. Ability to work in groups and individually to meet goals. Ability to understand organizational structures and effectively work through administrative systems.
- Solid communication skills—must be able to work one-on-one with staff to inform, convince, and encourage.
- Presenting/public speaking experience a plus.