- Los Gatos, CA; Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kathleen Ellison
We are currently seeking a seasoned editor— who has proven proficiency in editing and writing world-class copy in English— to cover our Senior Japanese Editor during her maternity leave.
This editor will have a demonstrable passion for Japan-origin movies and television, understand current Japanese entertainment trends, and have substantial project management experience. Although this role is remote, it will demand daily communication with teams in California and Japan, and occasional visits to the offices.
As the person responsible for product writing for the Japanese market, you’ll edit and assist with writing title-level synopses for every title in the catalog. With a special focus on local-origin content, you’ll work with a talented team of entertainment writers and colleagues in Japan and California to build the context around titles and help connect users to the content they love. The ideal candidate is an experienced editor, an exceptional writer, and equally confident taking on complex multi-stage project launches and detailed copy editing.
- Manage titles: assign them to writers, monitor calendars, oversee writers' workloads
- Review assignments for upcoming releases to make sure copy deliverables are meeting deadlines
- Edit for style, following internal style guides and AP Stylebook
- Copy edit for tone, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Partner with regional teams to understand priorities in the market
- Collaborate with other writers and editors to offer feedback and load-balance assignments
- Align editorial workflows with U.S. counterparts
- Respond to market-specific questions from internal partners
- Sync with the Tokyo and California teams about the day’s events via Slack and Google Hangouts.
- Native proficiency in Japanese and English
- Exceptional ability in short-form writing and editing
- Consistent, voracious consumer of Japanese media
- Mastery of AP style and confident ability to break those rules when needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Flexibility to connect in real time with teams in satellite offices around the globe
- Ability to provide constructive, direct feedback
- Intense focus on the member experience
- Obsessive attention to detail and dedication to seeing projects through to completion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, candid work environment
- Strong communication skills
Love television and movies? With over 9 million streaming customers in 100+ different countries, our client is shaping the future of global entertainment. They are focused on bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by creating and promoting original and exclusive content.
- A self-starter
- Naturally curious
- Able to quickly adapt to change
- Always looking for new ways improve
Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Working for our client, you’ll enjoy
- A creative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Opportunities to work on industry leading projects
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks catered daily
- Commuter shuttles