Vitamin T's client is looking for someone to join their leadership team as the VP of Paid Acquisition/Marketing. This role will report directly to the CEO, and will play a fundamental part in building out their marketing team. They made over $12M selling directly to consumers last year with an insanely small marketing team. The goal for this role will be to take them to $100 million over the next 4 years.
Their goal is to help people start successful businesses in every area of digital entrepreneurship. Whether you want to become a YouTube influencer, start your own eCommerce shop, or start freelancing, their courses give you step by step instruction to actualizing your goals. In addition to online courses, they heavily invest in their best students, and give them strategic and operational support to grow even faster.
The Must-Haves for this role is experience working for a startup within the last 3 years
Managed a monthly paid ad spend of 500k - 1 Million
Very strong paid acquisition experience
"Not ok with losing money"
No affinity marketing
Direct to consumer
You’ll be reporting directly to the CEO! The VP of Marketing / Director of Marketing will be responsible for building and managing their paid acquisition team, marketing content team (sales pages, email copy), as well as their product marketing team (monthly launches, new product offerings). We are a direct to consumer company, and think of ourselves in the same vein as the Warby Parker / Casper’s of the world -- the biggest responsibility you’ll have is laying out the marketing vision for our company.
- Working with the CEO, sets the marketing vision for their company -- what their brand stands for, and how best to communicate that with the world
- Scale our marketing functions into a fully-formed department, with full teams in every area, from paid acquisition to organic to social
- Manage and set scalable growth goals for all our marketing sub-teams
- Manage the day-to-day logistics of project plans by owning timelines, budgets, and analysis/recaps/reports
- Collaborate with the content, operations, and engineering teams to prioritize marketing goals with other company goals
- Build and manage customer lifetime value models, marketing attribution models, and other ways of measuring marketing performance
- Be the strategic voice of the brand and provide support for the design, development and implementation of all consumer facing touchpoints to ensure consistency of brand vision
- 2+ years experience in marketing leadership at a direct to consumer company
- Strong experience in direct response and performance marketing, with a focus on acquisition and an understanding of content
- Seasoned in creating, managing, optimizing, and maturing omni-channel campaigns and strategy (paid acquisition, organic social, SEO, email, etc.)
- Managed/scaled an in-house marketing team of 4+ people
You might be a good fit if…
- You’re a manager at a small to medium startup direct to consumer company now, but wants to take on more strategic responsibility, and help scale
- You are highly skilled at being agile and can pivot priorities, strategies, and initiatives, on a dime
- You are not afraid to jump "into the weeds" when needed
- You want to work to change the future of education