- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Courtney Schaefer
Aquent's client, a top social media comapny in Menlo Park, CA, is seeking a marketing researcher who have deep understanding developing consumer and marketing insights. You will work on a variety of research projects ranging from defining market opportunities of new technologies, uncovering target customers, quantifying and prioritizing opportunity spaces, and determining the readiness of new experiences to launch into the market.
The ideal candidate will…
- Inspire definition of innovative products through deep insights into consumers' desires, business and technology trends, and business strategy.
- Be able to transform primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary research, competitive, and industry analyses into an informed point of view, and then use exemplary communications skills to inspire executives, marketing leads, product managers, designers, and engineering teams to action around insights.
- Think strategically about business problems, understanding new technologies and how people use them, and synthesizing large amounts of research into succinct and thoughtful business opportunities that are grounded in both solid market analysis and consumer research.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in industry as a marketing/market researcher
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet demands of internal clients, across a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent, visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience presenting convincingly to senior executives.
- Ability to think through complex analyses and problems in a methodical and repeatable way.
- Client side and agency experience in new product/service development and launch is a plus.
- Experience across a broad range of primary research methodologies; from in-depth, in-home qualitative studies to quantitative surveys. Conjoint analysis experience a plus (not required)
- Demonstrable critical and systems thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with minimal direction.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, innovative methods to answer research questions.
- Interest in technology products and their impact on society.
- Experience working in consumer hardware and tech a plus
- Familiarity with office applications (Excel*, PowerPoint*, Word*, Outlook*)
- PhD, Masters degree or MBA is a plus but NOT must
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do