- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
As an Editor on our editorial team, you research, create, edit, and manage a portion of customer-facing content. You fully understand and articulate the values of the company and its products, and confidently manage a variety of interests as you interact with a wide range of project teams within the company. The range and deadlines of your assignments varies greatly; however, you are able to produce informative, accurate, and lively content in a timely fashion, often at a moment's notice. The role demands extreme discipline, hard work, and diligence. In return, you'll receive enormous satisfaction as a key member of a dynamic team.
- Write and/or edit copy, including website help content, user interface (UI) messaging, and other instructional pieces.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment to analyze, create, and maintain messaging in a timely and consistent manner.
- Support a variety of teams across the company.
- Ensure that our customers have positive interactions with the company.
- B.A. preferred, ideally in English, Journalism or Advertising
- 5+ years experience writing for an established consumer brand or advertising agency.
- A diverse portfolio of original and breakthrough work, featuring examples of collaborative and self-initiated projects.
- Proven experience in the technology category and ability to make sophisticated technology accessible and understandable to a wide audience.
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapid paced environment on multiple projects in a scrappy, start-up atmosphere.
- M.A. is a plus.
- 8+ years experience working for or with technology based brands.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative, proactive mindset; Detail-oriented
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: