Social Media Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of experience in social media or digital content space at a major brand / content-first entertainment company
- Thorough understanding of social media insights
- Demonstrable experience identifying shareable/viral content: pop culture expert fluent in what's trending and always plugged in to latest conversations
- Experience with SocialFlow (or similar social programming tools), plus thorough understanding of social insights and analytics.
- Effective communication and experience working across multiple departments
- Excellent organization and time management skills with initiative
- A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
- Flexible and has ability to shift gears quickly between multiple campaigns and projects managed.
- Cool under pressure and a pleasant while professional demeanor, both in the office and when interacting with talent for celebrity social activations on-location when assigned
- A good eye for content composition, either self-generated/created or professionally sourced
- Excellent writing skills and a sharp wit - quick with brand-appropriate pop culturally relevant social copy. Goes for the clever vs. the obvious.
- Have a natural desire to tweet when another one of your favorite celebrity couples breaks up—if you didn’t tweet about it, did it even happen?
- Must love talking about pop culture: In a group chat with your friends, at breakfast, at lunch, at dinner and especially on social media.
- Work with social strategy manager to develop and grow fan engagement strategies
- Platform ownership: Takes the lead on insights, analytics and future planning for specific social platform
- Keep up to date on industry trends/productions methods/social strategies and work with social media manager to implement new tactics as necessary
- Assists with major initiatives as well as day-to-day news operations, including native social content, social engagement, audience development, and social takeovers and campaigns
- Implements social initiatives on all social platforms, pivots with new social strategies