We are seeking a hands-on Graphic Designer, experienced in Infographic Design, to lead projects and interpret and visually convey complex, unstructured data into meaningful and valuable information for our group's products and functions.
The successful candidate will have broad information design, publication design, and editing experience and will be able to clearly deliver simple, enticing and effective solutions using multiple formats and technologies.
The Designer is expected to communicate effectively with clarity of thought and be able to assist with telling stories with data and visuals to inform effective decision-making.
• Applies design and data analysis to design and edit data in visually innovative ways to make it easier to understand, memorable and actionable by users
• Provides critical thinking and oversight to Data Visualization Design
• Provides engaging and dynamic design while adhering to brand guidelines
• Works in partnership with product and communications teams; upholds relationships between clients and development teams
• Leverages the firm’s data assets, partners with innovative groups to push the development of scalable and reusable solutions
• Plans, architects, designs, analyzes, develops, codes, tests and debugs and documents design solutions to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects
• Participates in setting and driving the business' strategic direction in changing the way we deliver Technology to better meet Business needs
• Maintains a client centric environment for team and contributors
• 4-6+ years of hands-on design and editing experience at an interactive agency, news media company or design studio (with web clients)
• Degree in graphic design, interaction design, user interface or interactive/interface design
• Expert user of Adobe InDesign; experienced user of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and SharePoint
• Expert in multiple technologies and design techniques as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems/infrastructure
• Experience with user interfaces, multimedia, web applications, editorial and brand design
• Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communicator, critical and creative thinker
• Ability to work independently and with a team, with or without direction
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• A sophisticated sense of design with the ability to combine traditional as well as nontraditional elements. Ability to work in such as animation, video, and sound is a plus.
• Experience working in a cross-functional organization, achieving goals through partnership and collaboration