ABOUT THE ROLE:
- The Packaging Project Manager acts as Brand Steward and key collaborator alongside cross-functional teams and the various disciplines within an in-house agency to develop the schedule, budget, activities, and deliverables that comprise the project plan.
- This role has extensive budget, client and vendor management responsibilities.
- This person will organize the team around a project methodology and drive successful outcomes by aligning the efforts of team members and stakeholders to the project plan.
- The project manager leads financials, and reports out accurately to leadership and clients.
- Our project managers understand creative and brand strategy in order to successfully drive the project teams forward with vision.
- They know how to command a room, communicating and collaborating to build relationships at every level, and they bring a sense of humor and creative flair to the way they work.
- We expect the right candidate to have experience across the packaging project life cycle—from brand/design strategy development through print production.
- Culture is important to us and it should be for you too, so make sure to bring personality to the role and have fun with the job.
Act as key liaison between the in-house agency and Marketing, Sales, R&D, Legal other crossfunctional clients within the company.
Collaborate with client stakeholders and project discipline leads to identify requirements, determine project scope and deliverables, set priorities and establish milestones.
Develop project plans, estimates, schedules, and statements of work to accurately track and clearly communicate status, progress, and financials to the project team and to stakeholders.
Build client relationships by maintaining strong communication and collaboration throughout the packaging lifecycle.
Manage product photography, photoshoot process and attend photoshoots.
Orchestrate activities and deliverables between internal teams, vendors and clients and approve all vendor invoices for payment.
Contribute to the project’s strategic vision and take ownership in the quality of the final product.
Work closely with Color Separator to ensure color and image quality is attained on all packaging/merchandising files, including schedule/workflow management, analysis of color proofs & release mechanical files.
Manage image retouching process along with Design Manager.
Maintain production archives: final printed samples/pieces, color standards/drawdowns, product photography (digital library).
Manage budget(s) up to $2,000,000.
Provide fiscal forecasts with accurate estimations for design, production, translations, illustrations, copywriting, photography, prepress.
Ensure awareness of and adherence to agency policies and best practices.
5-7 years of experience as project manager with at least 5 years in a consumer packaged goods industry or experience in an integrated agency context.
Familiarity with standard software project management methodologies, workflow and tools.
Solid understanding of file specifications; resolution, color space and other technical requirements of assets needed for print packaging and non-packaging.
Agency-side or internal agency experience - familiarity with a client-service context.
Ability to gracefully navigate a complex system of stakeholders with objectives and priorities.
EPA regulations knowledge a plus.
Education: Minimum bachelor's degree required. PMP certification a plus. Skills and Abilities
Excellent ability to multi-task, using exceptional planning and analytical skills.
Proven communication, organizational and written skills for business environment.
Ability to interact with all levels of management.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment – same day turnarounds frequently required and priorities change quickly.
Proactive thinker--ability to always be one step ahead.
Strong ability to take initiative, create and implement processes.