Creative Services Manager - Retail Experience – Digital Creative
This role supports the creative design direction and implementation of digital consumer experience within global retail strategy. Through the development and execution of immersive, engaging digital content, software and applications experience, this role will support strategies for greater consumer engagement and understanding of the benefits of clients products in order to extend brand across carrier and retail channels.
Individual will execute and implement consumer content and interactions for client’s on-device software experience for consumers in a retail/carrier environment, including experience on mobile phones, tablets and other electronic products.
Individual will work closely with the Retail Design & Marketing organization, R&D, and retail/carrier customers to support strategies to define, create, sell-in, implement, monitor, maintain and measure client’s in-store strategy, consumer experience and execution plan.
Individual will also assist in managing creative agencies that will provide support ranging from content development, installation, and maintenance of, software, and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content Development/Planning:
- Responsible for assistance in creative agency management from a creative oversight standpoint, script development, video shoot oversight and User Interface layout.
- Partner with product marketing and retail design leadership team to determine and select all key content that will be deployed on devices including native content which emphasizes and supports the key features of the product.
- Assist in managing multiple agencies to define, develop, implement, and evolve client’s on device retail experience to maximize consumer attraction and engagement with our brand at POS within our carrier and retail partner stores.
- Partner with retail insights team to understand shopper insights, target demographics and recommend new research studies to investigate and validate new trends for digital content tailored to target audiences.
- Overall execute client’s creative strategies to drive retail growth and adhere to brand standards around content development and planning
- Understand competitive implementations and ensure it is best in class in its execution at retail.
- Partner with deployment and account teams to secure and load content onto live device, and manage fulfillment and updates with all customers.
- Provide regular business updates to key constituents on problems, opportunities, successes and key learnings related to consumer engagement and satisfaction of in-store experience related to client’s products. Included in analysis should be: elements of launch performance, data on consumer usage, engagement and feedback on live device experience, and competitive analysis.
- Partner with analytics and agency teams to develop performance metric and measurements for program.
- Track and analyze consumer usage of digital content, and assist in making changes to drive best in class experience.
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- A Bachelor's Degree in business, sales or marketing from an accredited university.
- Solid background in video/digital asset planning, creation, production and deployment
- Minimum 10-12 years of business experience, with majority of years in retail marketing, with most recent experience creating and driving implementation of the digital experiences of the shopper journey in a retail environment.
- Baseline understanding of technology, i.e., the technology infrastructure on how devices need to be connected to work together to create a seamless experience
- 5+ years in wireless industry desirable, though not required.
- Strong knowledge of design principals and brand strategies
- High energy, strong work ethic
- Previous CPG or technology experience preferred
Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret wireless product and marketing materials.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Advanced knowledge of the retail industry, competition and industry trends.
- Solid understanding of retail management, operations, design and the customer navigation and purchase path.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple and simultaneous performance projects.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Ability to anticipate future retail needs/opportunities and ensure that these are integrated into future digital strategies.
- Ability to make professional presentations and communicate articulately in writing through emails and reports, or orally to an audience of highly experienced marketing & sales personnel.
- Must be able to interact and negotiate within all levels of client’s, carrier and retail partners. Communicate and collaborate with others to achieve identified goals. Ability to foster effective working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must have advanced skills to conduct a situation analysis and develop a business strategy and action plan focused on improving market performance.
- Travel approximately 30% of time.