- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Elizabeth Bennett
Aquent Dev6 is searching for a Magento Developer to consult in scoping and delivering a new project for an existing client. Ideally, we are looking for a consultant who resides in the Greater Toronto area but we are open to a qualified consultant working remotely in North America.
Who We Are
Aquent DEV6 (www.dev6.com) is a specialty software services company with clients throughout North America. Our developers work in teams on projects that are typically focused on UX front-end development and can range anywhere from 3 months to multiple years in duration. Based on many years of experience in selling and delivering services to enterprise clients, Aquent DEV6 customers are typically large organizations such as Chrysler, Mitel, Adidas, Teranet and Facebook.
Our clients hire Aquent DEV6 because we have expertise with technologies that are new - our developers are therefore provided the opportunity to be constantly learning. The Aquent DEV6 culture and delivery methods are centered on structured communication with our employees and customers. Our high standards of professionalism ensure that our clients are delighted with our services.
- You will be responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Magento-centric eCommerce projects. You provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with our development policies and standards.
- You will work closely with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, using your knowledge of Magento, web applications and integration techniques, to design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Magento platform. You will document this with a technical specification and diagrams that will stand as the reference to the development team for building the solution as well as hand-off to our support team prior to launch. You will update these throughout the development cycle as things change. The initial part of this work is usually done onsite with the client in a multi-day discovery meeting.
- You are to be the Magento subject matter expert and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle.
- Generally, you will not be writing code, but are expected to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object-oriented techniques.
- As part of a project team, you will work with a Project Manager to turn client requirements into use cases and tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the project Tech Lead to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- You will also be asked to participate in the sales process, communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential architectures for their solutions, and estimating level of effort with our Sales Engineers and Business Development Managers.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with the Magento platform and advanced Magento certification
- multiple years of experience architecting enterprise web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing (external or internal) role.
- 2+ years of experience leading project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Aquent DEV6 specializes in the design and development of leading edge UX on enterprise-grade mobile and web apps. We also provide best-practices development-related consulting and also deliver comprehensive training courses to enterprise front-end developers.
The consulting services Aquent DEV6 offers relate directly to software development. We help customers choose the right framework and help establish best practices around the design, development and deployment of their enterprise applications.