Large Media and Entertainment Client in Universal City, CA is seeking a Motion Graphics Designer to join their team. This is a 4-month opportunity with the possibility of extending or converting to perm.
- Visualizes, creates, and produces original and truly engaging design solutions across all media—mostly broadcast—according to a brief, timeline and budget as agreed.
- Develop and deliver on-air and off air brand assets and design projects.
- Integral in raising the creative standard, ambition, and effectiveness of our creative output in our on-air and off air work.
- Contributes towards building and evolving the brand identity
- Is flexible in the role within the team and within the company, including working on marketing reels, Ad Sales spots, and other Off-Air work.
- Communicates throughout the stages of production to other departments within the company.
- Able to confidently pitch and present ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- Discusses and listens to feedback from multiple department heads constructively and provides solutions.
- Offers a range of creative routes, where appropriate, as part of the creative development process.
- Effectively and quickly produce production assets for multiple feeds following brand guidelines.
- Is an engaged and enthusiastic team member, proactively sharing ideas and best practice.
- Be creatively ambitious
- Looking for high proficiency with After Effects, Ideal would be Cinema 3D and 4D.
- Exceptional design skills, notably typography, color, and composition.
- Experience concepting and storyboarding motion and static designs for on-air and off air.
- Proficient in After Effects 2D motion graphics (Cinema 4D a plus).
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, & InDesign.
- Thorough understanding of on-air, print, digital, and social media platform delivery requirements.
- Must be a team player who is responsible, accurate, creative, organized, self-motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to multitask and develop multiple projects within a tight timeframe and quick turnover.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Eagle eye for detail and thoroughness.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of relevant designer/animator on-air and off air experience.
- Proven experience in a similar role within a television broadcast, advertising or creative agency environment.
- A passion for television and popular culture in general.
- A clear understanding of current trends in the industry, on channel, social media, OTT, etc.
- A real and genuine desire to go that extra mile. To break down the barriers of creativity across mediums, and win some awards in the process.
- Creative thinker with the skills and imagination to produce eye-catching promotions, shorts and interstitials.
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and within a prescribed budget
- Good interpersonal skills, both in contributing to the creative team, the overall On-Air team and in representing the department throughout the company.
- Be nice.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Portfolio reel and/or website for review
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, California