If you are a detail-oriented self-starter Digital Business Analyst who can tackle complex problems, investigate and ask the right questions to get to the bottom of a business’ needs and goals, have strong technical and communication skills to produce content and present in front of senior audiences, then this is the perfect career-defining opportunity. This long-term/open ended contract/freelance role is onsite in NYC (midtown), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
About This Team:
The Digital Strategies and Insights team is part of the Firm-wide Marketing organization and is responsible for:
- the Firm’s corporate assets including website, corporate social media accounts, and other new digital channels
- Digital Center of Excellence including digital branding, UI framework, tag management, user segmentation, front end development framework, and best in class marketing technology vendor solutions
- strategic consultation of digital properties managed by other business units, and
- the media strategy, planning, and execution.
What You Will Do:
- As a Digital Business Analyst, you will work with all parts of the Digital Strategies and Insights team comprised of Marketing Technology Strategy, User Experience, Front End Development, Data and Analytics, Media Strategy, and Operations to enhance the Client’s digital properties.
- In this role, you will be responsible for conducting market and competitive analysis, gathering requirements, documenting standards, building channel strategies, and communicating these findings to the team and to business and technology partners.
- Manage the Digital Center of Excellence: Identify and facilitate the creation of best practices and standards in the verticals of User Experience, Data and Analytics, Personalization, A/B Testing, Email Campaigns, Digital Branding, Front End Development, and Vendor Management. Optimize and manage an internal portal where this information is hosted. Create internal campaigns to promote traffic and return visitors to this portal.
- Strategy: Support new channel strategy work with market and competitive analysis. Identify trends, key audience demographics, and potential use cases for Morgan Stanley.
- Vendor management: Support vendor management team with Request for Proposal (RFP) reviews, creating scorecards for evaluations, analyzing responses, advising vendors through the Firm’s onboarding processes including security architecture reviews, and meeting with customer success teams regularly for ongoing support.
- Requirements gathering: Meet with various technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand their goals and requirements, identify user / client needs, document and prioritize findings, and present to management. This may include leading and participating in requirement review sessions and driving consensus with team members.
- Manage stakeholders: Conduct analysis against existing functionality/dependencies and ensure buy-in from all appropriate groups including Business, Technology, Security, Legal, Risk, and Compliance partners.
- Process optimization: Identify workflows and business processes, which require refinement and optimization.
- User acceptance testing: Specify acceptance criteria and testing scenarios. Perform and oversee UAT as needed. Thoroughly analyze the products by testing from the point of view of potential users.
- Agile: Work closely with the technology team to assure effective communication of requirements and rapid delivery of key product releases.
- Technical mapping: Conduct mapping exercises from UI to middleware/backend.
What You Need:
- 4 – 6 years of experience as a product manager or website / systems analyst with track record of delivering new innovative web or mobile platforms.
- While application development is not required for this role, a strong technical background is preferred to manage technical stakeholders. A digital native or have the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to distill complex problems and communicate issues, requirements, and goals in a succinct and prioritized manner (verbally and in presentation decks). Polished written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact and influence a diverse set of business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills, with ability to run a meeting and present to partners.
- Proficient at defining, analyzing, documenting, and communicating website and product requirements in an agile development setting.
- Experience collaborating with UI/UX designers, analytics teams, and developers to deliver client-friendly products and user experiences.
- Experience with product initiatives involving multiple systems and processes, working through technical, operational, legal and business issues.
- Comfort with product testing to supplement our QA/UAT teams.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, familiarity with JIRA, JIVE, SharePoint, and Adobe Experience Cloud
- Note: you will be required to complete an assignment for the Client to evaluate your business analysis acumen.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org