Working as part of the Marketing & Communications team, this position will be responsible for leading content development for a new research report in the Inclusion & Diversity space, specifically focused on what it takes for women to thrive in technology. This will include directing, project managing, and coordinating development of all content for an integrated marketing campaign, including directly managing external writers. You will work as part of the Marketing & Communications team, and closely in collaboration with Corporate Citizenship/ I&D and Recruitment Marketing. Successful candidates will be experienced in developing and shaping content and packaging messages into both internal and external digital channels.
• Own the content development plan for the integrated marketing campaign, and act as the Editorial lead on all research report deliverables, including messaging docs, research report, slide share and video script.
• Successfully team with key stakeholders across Technology Division, Corporate Citizenship, Inclusion & Diversity, and Girls Who Code, to coordinate input and reviews.
• Proactively identify and develop messages and content that informs, educates and inspires both target internal and external audiences. Interpret complex research findings, working closely with Research, senior stakeholders and subject matter experts, to shape a transformational report on driving diversity in tech.
• Sample deliverables include full report, executive summary, blogs, internal memos, “voices of change” stories, speaker prep materials, PPT presentations and talk tracks, web and social media content.
• Develop and execute internal communications plans and programs at a global level, orchestrating communications across key business entities, engaging a large diverse audience.
• Project manage and help spokespeople prepare for “communication events” including media briefings, webcasts and conference presentations.
Preferred candidate will be familiar with Inclusion & Diversity research – Getting to Equal, Cracking the Gender Code; Inclusion & Diversity trends; Girls Who Code mission; passionate about women in tech and leadership topics.
• Bachelor degree required, prefer in marketing & communications. Technology industry marketing experience preferred.
• Minimum of 10 – 12 years’ experience in marketing and communications, preferably with some experience in the technology industry; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills.
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement and measure multi-faceted marketing plans and programs.
• Demonstrated ability to develop content, including synthesizing complex technology topics and writing new pieces.
• Experience working on content related to Inclusion & Diversity topics, and/or research reports
• Personal flexibility to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to connect with business leaders in other time zones.
Additional Job Details:
• Location: US – flexible but East Coast is preferred. Support will be provided virtually/remotely.
• Support is for 6 months—anticipate 20 to 30 hours per week.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
• Confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish successful relationships.
• Strong project management skills, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
• Exceptionally strong teaming skills.
• Passionate about topics related to inclusion & diversity
• Creative drive, energy, innovation and enthusiasm – never satisfied with status quo, always striving to break new ground and bring new marketing techniques and channels to the forefront.
• Goal oriented, business-focused, responsive and reliable.
• Excellent Digital, Social Media and PowerPoint skills.
• Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus.
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a virtual, problem-solving environment.
• Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
• Sensitivity to the cultural variances across different countries.