- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Richey
We’re looking for an excellent storyteller—someone able to put a creative spin on data. As a Story & Insights Curator, you’ll be responsible for leveraging a variety of data sets (primarily based off of our Trends data tool) to build and tell compelling stories. Working in conjunction with a team of creatives, marketers and PR partners, you’ll dig through Search data, discover insights and build out compelling narratives—across various platforms—that are culturally relevant, delightful and timely. You’ll provide high-impact Trends analyses that positions our brand as a leading cultural signal for what matters now. In this role, you'll be working closely with a wide variety of cross-functional partners to develop data-driven content that reminds the world what they love about our brand.
No experience with storytelling using Search Trends data? That’s fine. We are looking for someone with an aptitude and willingness to learn how to use data mining tools and Trends messaging guidelines. Experience with creating videos and crafting scripts is a plus.
- Pull large data sets using our internal Trends data tools.
- Analyze large data sets to build content narratives based on discovered patterns, connections, and interesting insights within the data.
- Craft video scripts using Trends data.
- Strategize and execute data-driven social media campaigns.
- Work closely with copywriters to ensure data language is communicated accurately and in a user-friendly way.
- Leverage the written word to champion the brand in authentic and imaginative ways
- Review and synthesize insights to help shape editorial strategies
- Establish content management workflows and processes
- Incorporate feedback from multiple sources and iterate rapidly on mockups
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Develop documentation to ensure copy and content handoff to partner teams, including fellow Creatives, Legal, Localization, Strategy, and Production
- 2 - 5 years of writing, content strategy, and/or journalism experience
- Excellent writer; strong command of the English language
- Knack for distilling large amounts of information into a clear narrative
- Strong project management skills: able to effectively prioritize, multitask and present work in a fast-paced and often unpredictable environment.
- Proficient in basic data tools such as Google Spreadsheets
- Savvy consumer of news, pop culture, and social media. You’re in touch with what’s trending, where the zeitgeist is.
- Experience writing for a technology brand a plus Creative problem solver; scrappy; brings enthusiasm to the workplace — and the work
- Experience with crafting scripts for film is a plus.
- Experience with crafting scripts for film is a plus
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: