- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$65/hr DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara Truesdale
Seeking a hardworking, passionate, and results-oriented Project Manager to run business process and system improvement initiatives. As a member of this client's team, you will play a central role in delivering a high-impact project initiatives with several payments teams. You will partner closely with business and engineering teams to define initial requirements, produce specifications, and drive new features to completion. Many of the projects could be related to improving the infrastructure for data collection/maintenance and report creation, including delivering various dashboards for business critical metrics. You will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to define, build, and roll-out innovative solutions that bring efficiency to business operations and increase accuracy and scalability of data/reporting. The job includes the ability to lead resources, prepare appropriate project documentation, delegate tasks to team members, effectively communicate project status, handle project risk, implement change management and conduct training. In addition to being an excellent PM, who can influence and collaborate across all levels of organization, you should have a strong ability to design and develop solutions for complex problems by having a deep understanding of business operations.
- Acts as a liaison between the business and engineering teams to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions
- Manages, plans, and organizes project activities and communicates project status on a regular basis
- Obtains key personnel to work on project teams while balancing business needs and expectations
- Manages project risk throughout the life of the project
- Develops and maintains issues logs to ensure accountability to the resolution of key issues
- Incorporates client's best practices for Project Management to ensure consistent delivery of a quality project
- Ensures the business is prepared for the change
- Provides customers and stakeholders with alternatives when key problems surface on the project
- Writes formal business requirements documents for projects/enhancements
- Leads brainstorming sessions to gather requirements
- Assists business units in creating quality BHU Documents
- Assists in the development of strategy for their particular business process area
- Provides consulting expertise through effective communication to customers, stakeholders, management, staff, and peers to ensure expectations are met
- Clearly set expectations and communicate status to both technical and business teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamentals of iterative software development.
- Knowledge of development processes and methodologies in addition to agile and an understanding on how to leverage these techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise.
- Value the commitments to delivery made by a development team and understand the technical requirements to meet these commitments.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics.
- Proven use of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Familiarity with PHP development and the LAMP stack isn't required, but would be helpful.
- Understanding of business intelligence technologies, concepts, architectures, and methodologies a plus.
- Familiar with supply chain concepts & processes a plus. Some travel may be required.
- Seasoned project manager with 5-7+ years of successful experience, including reporting and data analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, extraordinary attention to detail and ability to "translate " complex concepts into language and context that are relevant to the business
- Established track record and validated initiative in developing and implementing business strategies, systems, and business improvements
- Ability to collaborate with different teams, utilize superior influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level communication abilities
- Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches
- Excellent knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
- Proficient in business process flow diagramming
- Familiarity with Data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Monitors market / industry trends and emerging technologies to identify areas for advantage
- Committed focus on innovation, an eagerness to challenge the status quo
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- Take responsibility; feel a personal stake in the product you ship.
- You value integrity; you manage conflict; and you work for the success of the entire team.
- Have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence others to drive results across a large matrixed organization.
- Creative problem-solving skills related to team, project deliverables, and cross-functional issues
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- BS/BA Degree Required. MBA a plus.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
- Wi-fi equipped shuttle service
- Free parking
- Onsite cafeteria
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)