Large Media and Entertainment client in Washington, DC is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join their Channels Strategy & Consumer Marketing team. This is a 6-month assignment with the possibility to extend up to 1 year.
The Marketing Coordinator will provide ongoing support to the US Strategy and Consumer Marketing Team for the TV networks based at the headquarters in downtown Washington, DC.
The role will work closely with the Consumer Marketing Managers and Sr. Directors to ensure that all campaign deliverables are executed within our paid media campaigns. The role will oversee a variety of projects for each campaign, both working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure campaign milestones are achieved on time and within budget. The position will work closely with the creative, social, digital and PR teams to help coordinate campaign needs.
- Manage US off-air deliverables process/timelines working between the media agency, project management and editing teams to prepare detailed spreadsheets, manage deadlines, proof, approve and deliver creative materials, such as :15 and :30 promos, print ads, digital banners, etc.
- QC and proofread promos/creative to ensure messaging accuracy and consistency across platforms
- Assist in the development of key department deliverables (i.e. priority grids/flowcharts, strategy briefs, campaign summary presentations, etc.)
- Manage Channel Newsletters from creation of content calendar, gathering creative assets, writing copy, to deployment - learning internal technology systems may be required
- Manage out-of-home billboards: scheduling, requesting production of creative assets, managing delivery, posting, takedown and recycling/upcycling of creative
- Facilitate creative requests between Affiliate/Consumer Marketing teams
- Facilitate execution of cross-departmental marketing deliverables (i.e. gathering content and promotional materials for web use, Magazine insertion delivery, events, etc)
- Schedule, coordinate, prepare and take notes for relevant Consumer Marketing team meetings
- Foster collaborative relationships with internal colleagues and agency partners
- Assist in logistics and preparation of experiential events and on-site marketing activations in collaboration with external agencies
- Ongoing management of vendor on-boarding, sorting/coding invoices and budget tracking
- Additional duties/responsibilities in support of the team as needed or assigned
- Must have strong organization skills, attention to detail and be deadline oriented
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-4 years prior experience in a marketing or project management type role preferred; television, entertainment or agency experience a plus
- Must be able to prioritize tasks appropriately and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with other people and/or departments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Powerpoint and Word; CMS experience a plus
- Proactive self-starter
- Passionate and curious about all aspects of the marketing and television business
- Articulate, flexible, collaborative, and approachable