The Manager of the Brand's Online Inventory Strategy and Analytics (Tops Down) is responsible for the development and execution of the seasonal financial plans and forecasts for assigned market. This Manager will partner with the Buying Director of Inventory Strategy and Analytics, as well as Buying leads for assigned market, to develop seasonal forecasts that support annual financial plans, maximize sales and inventory opportunities in the business, while seeking ways to mitigate risk to the plan. This individual will also be responsible for the strategic development, implementation, and support of inventory initiatives within the GOL Global Buying organization.
• Accountable for creating, tracking, and measuring financial performance across annual budget, seasonal financial plans, and monthly forecast (market --> div).
• Partner with market Buying leads to link tops down financial results to daily and weekly divisional performance, while outlining action to drive future results through productive promo and markdown management.
• Collaborate with Company Planning, Marketing, and market Buying leads to develop a pre-season and in-season promo plan calendar to deliver top-line financials, as well as support the division-level needs.
• Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication.
• Assess and manage the market Buying Open to Buy forecast to help inform tops down financial forecast positioning, while identifying risks and opportunities. Guide market Buying team actions to support tops down financial commitments.
• Help shape new processes and lead implementation of new practices and tool sets that improve efficiency, capability, and maximize return back to the business.
• Build collaborative relationships with GOL leadership and other brand stakeholders.
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Minimum 5 years Inventory Management experience; Planning experience preferred.
• Understanding of retail industry. Apparel experience a plus.
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and drive change across all levels of the organization, as well as develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross-functional partners.
• Demonstrated strong ability to influence business partners to drive results.
• Proven ability to prioritize and focus on key initiatives to drive the business.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Deep financial business acumen.
• Demonstrated ability to approach all tasks with a problem-solving mindset; proactively identify areas of opportunity or risk, while providing a path to mitigate this risk.
• Experience on projects with complex scope with system and process implementations across an organization.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel. Must be able to create and use pivot tables, filters, lookup functions, etc