We are actively seeking an energetic and innovative Senior Interaction Designer (UX Architect) to join one of our most INNOVATIVE fin-tech clients. Over the past few years, our client has been an active leader in the fin-tech revolution by instilling strong Product/UX discipline and onboarding expertise in emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security.
The team leverages these approaches and technologies to develop the tools considered most essential to our clients. Our users are specialists and include high performance roles like trader, analyst, portfolio manager, ibankers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trading instruments.
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized Product Design Team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
- Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
- Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
- Has experience conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
- Understands the value of homing in on contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
- Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
- Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
- Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
- Can translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s.
- Guide and influence the Product/Service development process by leveraging your command of HCI and Design
- Both formally and informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Experience and Qualifications
- Foundational education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree.
- Around six years of experience working as a user experience professional. An advanced degrees and professional practice experience may serve as substitute for qualification.
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled