- Irvine, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking a Sr. Visual/UI Designer with solid corporate experience. Previous financial/medical/insurance experience highly preferred!
- 4+ years of experience
- Desired candidate must have some experience with UX
- Desired candidate will have experience unpacking complex problems, distilling them to understandable parts, and providing solutions
- Strong visual design examples required
- Must have experience working with development team to implement designs
- Financial industry experience a plus
- Work location is in Irvine with occasional visits to main office in Downtown LA
- Under general supervision, leads the creation of visual design recommendation and required artifacts. Collaborates with creative, product, technical and business stakeholders.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing user data (qualitative, quantitative) to inform the design. Creates artifacts such as mockups, typographic systems, animation, interactive or static prototypes, illustration and photography deliverables and recommendations.
- Designs solutions inclusive of user requirements, design patterns & best practices, technology trends and project requirements. Gathers and incorporates feedback from end users, project stakeholders, technical and design teams. Works with UX designers and writers to create final artifacts.
- Presents design concepts and explains rationale to team members and stakeholders. Receives and analyzes feedback and makes appropriate adjustments to recommendations.
- Provides input to technical teams during development phase to ensure interactions are developed as designed. Monitors feedback and analytics to recommend and prioritize iterative improvements.
- Creates prototypes to illustrate design and interaction concepts. Demonstrates advanced skills with industry standard prototyping software on Mac OS.
- Demonstrates user experience leadership to the creative team. Provides thought leadership, expertise and mentorship to others. Initiates and leads projects to improve overall digital experience by continuously evaluating user behavior, design and structure.
- Partners with external vendors to influence and advocate for consistency and usability standards. Collaborates within team and other departments to leverage and share ideas and recommendations to apply broadly across multiple channels.
- In-depth knowledge of design and prototyping software and techniques on MAC OS
- Ability to lead projects of significant size and scope
- Ability to effectively influence senior leaders on design matters
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in broad areas relating to user experience, technology and design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives
- Ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
Fully on-site = Irvine, CA (MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO DTLA OFFICE ON OCCASION)
- Updated Resume
- Strong corporate samples/digtal portfolio
- Financial/Medical experience preferred