Our financial services client has a need for a strong Communications Consultant.
In this role, you will lead the development and delivery of integrated communication and change strategies related to the Total Rewards experience for clients' distribution system with a primary focus on health & retirement benefits. These strategies inform, educate, and influence key stakeholders (home office and field) to ensure engagement remains high and key issues are being addressed and communicated as needed.
• The consultant works in a variety of media formats to develop communication to the field distribution system through multiple channels.
• Develops, writes and executes on communication and change plans for targeted audiences within field management as well as for financial representatives.
• Works in collaboration with the assistant director-Organizational Change Management to provide counsel, planning and implementation within career distribution and the field, as well as senior management and other home office stakeholders.
• Responsible for successful execution of communication and change strategies to support Field Benefits priorities, as well as ongoing administrative needs for the programs.
What are the must haves for this role?
• Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field
• Emphasis on integrated communication and change planning for targeted topics preferred with ability to lead others to a mutually agreed upon goal.
* Demonstrated experience developing and managing change and communications project plans.
• Work independently
• Ability to synthesize and then explain new, technical information in simplified terms;
• Ability to analyze communication challenges and see opportunities
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience working with an agile mindset.
• Ability to listen to, engage, and influence clients
• Ability to build rapport and gain acceptance at all levels in the home office and field.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, supportive relationships with home office partners and the field force.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and negotiate with key customers.
What are the nice to haves for this role?
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in professional communications or related communication field.
• Experience with health benefit programs a plus.
* Experienced with Agile frameworks