Aquent's Client is searching for a Brand Communications Specialist contractor in its Mississauga office to help build the brand in Canada. This person will be responsible for supporting the brand’s awareness strategies, employee advocacy programs, and management of company websites and social channels. This role is a contract position and is a part of the Company's Global Communications organization.
The right candidate is a digital and tech-savvy professional, with experience in communications/marketing and social media. Our ideal candidate is a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and has the ability to engage in online and offline conversations with our customers, employees and prospects, while establishing a strong sense of community. We are looking for a self-starter who can quickly jump in and be a key part of a high-performing communications team.
Internal Communications - Time Allocation: 40%
- Collaborates with business partners to develop messages that resonate across lines of business and with multiple stakeholder groups
- Proactively creates, edits, and distributes internal company news
- Assist with internal branding and internal events management
External Communications - Time Allocation: 60%
- Manage corporate social channels and maintains social media editorial calendar; monthly reporting on against success metrics.
- Online reputation management – monitor online conversations around the brand and manage brand reputation.
- Talent Acquisition – Work with the TA team to support hiring programs. Manage career queries on social media platforms and guide information requesters to the right platforms/teams.
- Tech conferences – Provide support to technologists speaking at external tech conferences to share their stories on the company's social.
- Trend watch – Continuously monitoring the online space to identify new trends and adapt them to stay relevant and fresh.
- A degree or diploma in journalism, digital marketing, communications, or English
- 1-3 years of experience working directly in digital content creation/social media marketing
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Passion for all things social media and technology. You should have experience and fluency in Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, along with all other relevant social media platforms
- The ability to multi-task and manage pressure-filled situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A creative thinker, with a proactive self-starting approach and hunger to learn
- Detail-oriented with very high execution standards
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across broad range of stakeholders
- Fluency with SpredFast, Hootsuite Insights, Facebook analytics
- French verbal and written skills a plus
- Some form of experience working on a brand social channel from an agency side (social content creation)
- Community management - idea of engaging someone from social. Maybe they are active in their own social channels
- Experience within a brand or an agency working on social content creation
- Coming out of an internship
- Someone who can take initiative
- Hungry to learn
- Highly collaborative
- Can work across various teams/appreciate diverse viewpoints, from engineers to sales consultants
- Must have experience working on an entire life cycle of an assignment, from planning through content creation and distribution to target audiences.
- This person should leverage knowledge of multiple stakeholder groups to create messages/content appropriate for all groups.
- They will partner closely with key stakeholders to gather inputs that showcase our culture and the work we do across both of Canada’s sites (Edmonton and Mississauga).
- They will support social content development and employee communications strategy.
- They will help provide Canadian inputs for Global content hub on a regular basis.
- They will build an organic strategy in support of employer brand awareness efforts.
- They will execute and report on results from digital/social campaigns.
- They will provide some event support for corporate communications driven initiatives.