Our client has a position open for a designer/studio artist to support corporate and internal communications.
Assignments include informational and illustrative communications as well as transformation of often complex insurance,
investment, and/or other financial information into easily understood, engaging, and on-brand printed and digital
deliverables. The designer executes projects, implements content/design changes, and prepares final files to be released
for production, whether for print or digital output. He or she understands user experience and is able to work within
brand standards while making appropriate decisions regarding design/production projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide creative solutions that are aligned with clients’ business priorities and objectives. Produce a broad range
of deliverables, including layouts, graphics, and templates.
• Work closely with supervisor and Production Manager to evaluate requests, negotiate deadlines, and continually
reprioritize requests as they are received. May work directly with client to receive information for requests under
direction of supervisor.
• Update supervisor and clients on status of projects. Know when to communicate and escalate issues or concerns.
• Collaborate with external vendors to ensure quality execution of projects.
• Work within corporate brand standards.
• Employ design and production best practices.
• Assist with organization and management of files to ensure Corporate Design team maximizes operational
effectiveness and efficiency.
• Execute image research, organization, and formatting
• Perform duties based on defined procedures, policies, or processes. Resolve routine issues, as necessary. Work
under general supervision.
• Online portfolio that demonstrates a variety of excellent design pieces, including business communications
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct appropriate client interactions and
present rationale for design decisions.
• Experienced in print design, illustration, web graphics, infographics, data visualization, interactive pdfs, and
• 2-4 years related work experience in an advertising or corporate environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent training
• Proficient in design applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat DC
• Highly competent in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of print production
• Able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
• Strong attention to detail, quality, and process
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively; problem solver
• Self motivated; deadline oriented; follows through
• Comfortable with both Mac and Windows platforms
• Stays up to date with current design trends
• Corporate identity and branding experience
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Experience with animation software and building animations
Use of PM Software, such as Media Pulse preferred