Are you passionate about storytelling and developing engaging, thoughtful content to help businesses and communities thrive? Then this position just might be for you!
Delivering world-class content for our clients and prospects is a strategic priority for the Commercial Banking Marketing team, and our Editorial team is the central hub for content production. We are seeking a Marketing Communications Associate (Contractor) to write and edit a wide variety of marketing content. You’ll use newsroom-style precision and agility to meet the high volume demands, and your creativity will help you deliver compelling, engaging and educational B2B content. We’re looking for someone who enjoys a mix of assignments, but has a strong eye for short-form, promotional and digital-first copy, so the most important quality is that you really love to write and edit.
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to more than 30,000 clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services. We are proud of the role we play in the success of our clients, and we are grateful every day for the confidence they place in us.
• Work with the CB Marketing team and our business partners to develop, write and edit a variety of external communications for numerous areas of the business, including web copy, infographics, articles, emails, sales collateral, presentations and video storyboards.
• Provide daily tactical and project management support for the projects and programs led by the Commercial Banking Marketing team.
• Leverage digital fluency to ensure content is optimized for search, engagement and offers a positive user experience.
• Support the broader Content team in execution of the Commercial Banking Content Strategy, including assisting in content initiatives such as competitive reviews, reviewing metrics on existing content programs, suggesting new ideas for content, etc.
• Work with the various functional areas of the Commercial Banking Marketing team to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Produce error-free content that adheres to Commercial Banking’s voice, style and brand guidelines.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or English.
• Two to three years of experience in content marketing, communications or PR.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, with experience developing both short-form and long-form marketing copy.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Proactive project management skills, with the ability to identify potential issues and communicate project statuses to diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to interview subject matter experts with technical expertise, drawing out relevant information and translating into a compelling story for our clients and prospects.
• Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced corporate environment.
• Ability to work well with people all around the country in a variety of roles, job functions and departments, and with a wide range of personalities, work styles and processes.
• Experience in the financial services industry.
• Agency, B2B or PR experience is a plus, but is not required.
• Strong familiarity with SEO best practices.
• Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style.
• Familiarity with project management/workflow software and systems (particularly Workfront, Basecamp, Sharepoint and/or marketing automation platforms [including Eloqua, but especially Marketo]).
Please note: Writing samples will be required if selected for an interview.