Large Media and Entertainment company in Burbank, CA is seeking a Coordinator to join their team. This is a 1-month temporary opportunitity that might extend.
In reporting to the head of the department, the Administrator provides accurate, consistent and quick updates on costs, pending invoices/payments, and any possible overages to approved budgets, as well as double-checking calculations on budgets, reports et al. General administrative duties include phone coverage for the Director, maintaining a clean, neat, organized filing system, and other basic duties as may be necessary to ensure excellent customer service.
- Request Product numbers, MPM issues, WBS Elements and Alliant account numbers for Recording Projects
- Facilitate Vendor Set-ups
- Code / Process invoices through PCOE
- Create and maintain tracking sheets to track what’s owed to various producers, etc.
- Process re-class requests with Accounting
- Reach out to respective brand contacts at other Music Departments to obtain complete list of musicians and singers on recordings
- Collect W-4 and W-9 Forms along with Letters of Indemnification where applicable
- Prepare SAG-AFTRA Conversion Payment reports
- Submit notices to SAG-AFTRA for special experimental rates when applicable
- Hire Music Contractors to prepare AFM Conversion
- Send conversion reports to Payroll Company for processing
- Prepare and route recording budgets with the Director and A&R person for approval
- Prepare AFM & AFTRA reports as necessary; collect I-9’s and W-4’s from performers
- Issue Producer and Mixer Declarations where appropriate
- Issue Certificates of Authorship to cover non-royalty bearing third parties
- Partner with A&R coordinator to collect masters, have them verified and archived and delivered to Production
- Provides coding on Travel Authorization forms and obtains Director’s approval on all travel costs
- Ensure all performers have been paid through pertinent Union
- Field royalty research requests
- Enter Publishing Advances and Demo Costs into Counterpoint AS400
- • Review reports generated from iMaestro to ensure accuracy
- • Partner with A&R Coordinator to track song delivery and push to Publishing Administration
- • Track Artist publishing contributions to songs for purposes of determining Option Advances
- • Primary phone support for the Director
- • Keeps a clean, neat and organized filing systems on all projects
- • Arranges for courier service as necessary
- • Orders and maintains Product releases on behalf of the department
- • Sends CD requests to AFM and SAG-AFTRA
- Strong organization skills, flexibility and resourcefulness are also key components of the job, and a general knowledge of the Recording process (i.e., what roles the various parties play) is necessary to facilitate communication and identify potential problems.
- The person must be a proactive, self-starter, able to think and work independently, manage a high volume of projects, conduct extensive research on a multitude of issues, and able to take direction under a sometimes organic and evolving recording process.
- MUST have strong Excel Skills, including the ability to Filter, Pivot and run VLOOKUP.
- Must be extremely inquisitive and creative.
- Music experience or industry experience a HUGE plus.
- Responsible for keying in invoices, budgets, tracking costs, reporting, DNote data entry, etc.
- PC use. Outlook, SAP, Word, Excel, DNote, DDOCs, Counterpoint
- Need do basic tasks in SAP, Send invites and inquires to new vendors
- Have a basic background in A&R admin work.
- Spreadsheets- Excel for project and task tracking.
- Admin heavy job