Aquent's Client is looking to fill a contract position for a Marketing Specialist / Competitive Analyst, W-2 position. This is an on-site position in New York or San Francisco.
As a Marketing Specialist and Competitive Analyst, you will be a valuable member of the Marketing organization. You will work with senior management and business partners on identifying key product and industry trends, developing strategic analysis for sales, marketing and product management, analyzing and providing insight on business opportunities, and focusing on product features and growth initiatives.
You will conduct research on competing products to strengthen the company's overall positioning. You will research facts, details, and features of each competing product. You will be responsible for ongoing gathering of competitor information including performance, new product launches, messaging and positioning, and product/strategy changes. You will gather information regarding customer insights and translate fads, rumors, and anecdotal insights. You will monitor social networks and product review sites that provide information on customers’ attitudes towards competitors and their products. You will be responsible for conducting research and analysis in competing markets by evaluating factors affecting the consumer technology landscape including industry developments, product trends, and sales opportunities.
You will share your research with stakeholders and advise on how to best position the product against competing products. You will have the opportunity to lead monthly briefings with thought leaders and stakeholders. You will use your exceptional presentation and communication skills to share your product knowledge and vast understanding of the competitive landscape. You will feed insights about the marketplace to Product Marketing, helping to drive the overall market position of the product.
You will use your writing skills to craft internal communications to keep others informed on the competitive landscape and up-to-date on product changes. You will write compelling objection handling scripts and summaries for sales, provide insight for product collateral, slide decks, and various other communications used to strengthen positioning and market share. You will write messaging and positioning for the products and features within the project ecosystem.
You will also work closely with the education product teams on launches, positioning, messaging, events, website, social, campaigns and marketing assets for products. You will align closely with product managers to understand how the product works and what messages resonate with the education community. You will manage complex projects and oversee agencies to create best-in-class product marketing for education decision makers.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to combine technical knowledge and marketing expertise to produce effective analysis
- Strong presentation, communication, and problem solving skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated with the ability and flexibility to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact successfully with multiple levels of management and peers.
- Relevant BA or MBA degree
- Related experience in a marketing, product development, or product management analyst position
- Experience conducting competitive research and analysis experience for consumer and/or B2B tech products
- Project management experience, especially the ability to stay organized and prioritize across many activities
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from many teams, time zones, and functions
- Experience writing internal communications, messaging and positioning, scripts, and collateral with an emphasis on product marketing
- Background in or familiarity with the education or EdTech space