Aquent's Client is looking for a contract Senior Production Designer to work with the Creative Services team in Cupertino. This person will be working closely with a creative team of visual designers and writers to create and execute global and localized editorial content on multiple platforms and types of media for the Internal Communications group. He/She should have experience in editorial content production, be technically fluent in the industry standard design software, and able to adhere to established graphic and brand standards. The ideal candidate must be very organized, be detail-oriented, and be able to work calmly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Directly support Creative Design staff (Design Pod teams and Functional Design team)
- Use design implementation experience to anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as image cropping, scaling, layout ratio reformatting
- Use production experience to anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as resolution, function, color, reproduction, and finishing
- Strategize the implementation of a project’s core set of creative across the full suite of print and some online deliverables
- Create design adaptations at different aspect ratios and scales
- Build and maintain design roadmaps, master layouts, and other internal visual documents
- Create master pre-production layouts for hand-off to Production Studio with notes on allowable design and content variations Incorporate brand, typography, and identity guidelines
- Provide direction and delegate project needs to Studio Production support staff
- Lead production hand-off meetings to Mechanical Production Studio
- Build mechanicals if needed Build Production Design Guideline documents that convey design direction and production specifications to internal (GEO partners) and/or external users (Agencies and Partners)
- Present Production Design Guideline documents to GEO Localization Teams Participate in GEO creative workshop office hours providing design and production direction for challenging project implementation needs
- Sampling of project types: Hardware Packaging, Accessory Packaging, Retail Store Graphic Panels, Channel Product Fixtures, In-store Posters and Signage, Exterior Window Posters and Banners, APR Demand Generation and Partner Tactical Templates
- Assist in improving workflow, tools and process
- Reports to Production Design Manager
*Lint to porfolio needs to be included with resume
• Prepares and optimizes image assets for digital publication to a proprietary platform;
• Formats and revises long form documents using text and paragraph styling tools;
• Assists in the creation/revision of Keynote presentations;
• Prints and prepares presentation boards for creative reviews and working sessions;
• Maintains project templates for the team’s use and periodically presents updates to the team;
• Organizes project files on a shared server and on a digital asset management system;
• Adjusts work schedule periodically, as needed, to accommodate global projects;
• Professionally takes direction from visual designers to execute final design, which may include light design work. Projects can range from digital media to print media.
• Has 5+ years of experience working in a design studio, ad agency, interactive, or marketing environments.
• Knows how the design process works, even if production design is often at the end of the process.
• Understands and works within consistent style guidelines.
• Retouches and optimizes image files at a professional level.
• Is highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines, while ensuring that artwork is to specification.
• Is proficient on the latest Mac OS X and iOS platforms.
• Has expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and of Sketch app.
• Being familiar with the current iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) is a plus, or being able to learn quickly.
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS is also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a graphic design production or related field.