- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
Aquent's Client is looking for a user experience researcher. Come join a talented team of designers and researchers to build the next-generation experience of one of our core products.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and online experiments (A/B testing).
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- BA/BS degree in Cognitive Science, Education, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com).
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- Experience in survey design (e.g. Qualtrics).
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: