- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment client in Glendale, CA is seeking a Manager, Licensing Softlines to join their team. This is a 5-month temporary role with the possibility to extend.
The Manager is responsible for managing the Tween Apparel product category and licensees with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
Finance and Business Planning:
- Accountable for implementing the business strategies for Softlines categories to Tween Sleepwear, Tween Underwear and Tween Apparel.
- Manages and drives planned wholesale sales and operating income for products generated by Tween Apparel.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Participates and contributes to the strategic planning process for the Tween Apparel business.
- Develops strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property.
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities.
Brand and Content Management: (In conjunction with/support of the Franchise team)
- Provide licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Acts as ambassador for the category. Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with brand initiatives.
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant.
- Ensures licensee requests are researched and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Manage licensee portfolio / co-manage where relevant with LOB partner (contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion / advertising) as well as day-to-day relationship with licensees.
- Support Sr Manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
- Partner with Product Development team to innovate & bring to market compelling new product for categories managed.
- Ensures licensee product lines reflect brand quality and brand/property objectives.
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs. Perform retail-shopping analysis.
- Presents product lines and creative to retail accounts
- Provide any licensee /product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other DCP franchise teams and business units, to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
- Minimum 5 yrs. Category Management/ Buying or directly related experience.
- Good understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Strong product development experience and keen sense of fashion/trend.
- Highly detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle several tasks/assignments simultaneously and to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, able to work in a fast pace environment
- Analytical/Strategic Thinker
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of financial tracking systems preferred
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Tween experience is preferred, but can have gained this expereince in other categories.
Our Entertainment and Consumer Products client could quite possibly have the world’s biggest range of product offerings. Their stories and characters are all brought to life through innovative and engaging physical products and cutting edge digital experiences. Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up either playing or seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
This division includes some of the most innovative and talented app and game developers, graphic artists and marketing experts in the world. These people enjoy what they do, and it shows through the products they’re creating and bringing to consumers every day. Add the world’s happiest brand to your resume, while expanding your skills and experience with one of the world’s most recognizable companies.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers