We are looking for a Social Media Community Manager for a 4+ month assignment with our F500 client!
The community manager will manage owned social media sites, engage with consumers in social media both proactively and reactively, and will act as the external voice of the company and specific brands while simultaneously acting as the voice of the consumer internally. The value lies in the community manager serving as a hub and having the ability to connect personally with consumers (humanize the company), shepherd and provide feedback to various departments internally (consumer services, brand, legal, tech support, marketing, IT,etc.)
The community manager is responsible for overseeing multiple brands within a sector/category, and ensuring that internal and external customers receive the best, most effective, integrated and efficient customer experience available. The community manager could be responsible to communicate with multimedia communication channels when necessary including phone, email, and live chat or mobile.
The community manager will implement the social media approach of managed brands, manage engagement and interactivity with the consumer audience, and foster a positive consumer experience. This role coordinates with external inter-agency teams (including PR, digital and media), as well as internal brand, ITS and consumer services teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a strong social brand.
• Interact with consumers in our owned social media channels using social media management software and related tools.
• Participate in the development of agile marketing content based on monitoring social media, flagging opportunities and formulating plans with the inter-agency and internal teams.
• Participate within channels that the organization will be using in order to have firsthand knowledge of all opportunities within each platform.
• Support the development, management, and maintenance of social media initiatives.
• Contribute in creating FAQs, consumer responses and other social media brand content to support ongoing brand activations.
• Interface with counterparts in the development of social media best practices.
• Keep up-to-date on social media trends and best practices.
• Role offers flexible working arrangement (work from home vs. company office).
• Hours/shifts could vary between the hours or 8:00am-10:00pm depending on assigned schedule.
• Role requires some weekend (consecutive Saturday/Sunday) shifts between 8:00am-10:00pm depending on assigned schedule.
• Candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant discipline (i.e. PR, journalism, communication, marketing or other relevant areas), and/or demonstrated equivalent ability and experience in the targeted area.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience is typically expected in entering this position.
• Fluency in French desired
• Content creative copywriting and editing experience required.