- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
We are seeking a Retail Experience Designer to join our Global Retail Design team in Mountain View, CA. In this role, you will collaborate with members of the Creative team to sketch, ideate, design, and render new fixtures for retail environments that directly support product presentation in retail. We are looking for an individual with strong design sense and passion for designing experiential interactions for B2C environments.
We are a nimble team with a mission to educate, inform, and encourage exploration of products and services in retail. As part of a small team that is still starting-up and growing, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a non-rules based environment of innovation.
- Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design, color and typography: you know the difference between “good” and “great”
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success come sooner with trial and error.
- Ability to communicate ideas through sketches then bring those sketches to life via a solid working knowledge of 3D modeling using Autodesk Maya / 3D Studio Max or equivalent software.
- This position is also responsible for photorealistic illustration and post production (super imposition renderings into existing photographic spaces), a strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design is required.
- Strong understanding of architectural/interior scale and materiality is a plus.
- Portfolio required
- 8+ years of experience in creative agency or in-house team in a similar function.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree education in environmental design, 3D design, New Media, Architectural/Interior design or professional equivalent.
- Fluency with design tools: Adobe Creative Suite Fluency with 3D tools: Autodesk Maya, 3D Studio Max, Modo,, Sketch Up and rendering engines such as VRay, Corona, or equivalent
- Fluency with motion graphics tools: Adobe After Effects
- Self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and techy work environment in often uncertain and ambiguous circumstances.
- Proven ability to proactively establish rapport, credibility and influence, and drive results throughout a highly matrixed organization.
- This person must be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: