Aquent's well renown Fortune500 company is looking for an Inventory Planner for a 4+ month assignment, with potential to extend beyond! The Inventory Planner is accountable for managing/shaping demand and all of its components for a group of retail products working collaboratively with Category Management, ensuring inventory and service levels are within targets defined by leadership.
- Overall responsibility for accurately managing the forecast across a set of products/categories so that the business may be appropriately planned based on that forecast
- Work collaboratively with vendors and other parts of the business to ensure that key factors that influence demand are understood and reflected in the forecast
- Responsible for managing inventory levels for a set of products/vendors/categories to support demand while meeting inventory turn and service level targets
Achieve sales, margin, in-stock and inventory targets.
Collaborate with Merchants, Planners, and Analysts on item flows, JDA forecasts, seasonal plans and advertising schedule.
Develop and maintain baseline forecasts using JDA Demand module
Develop and maintain inventory and purchase plans using JDA Fulfill and Order Optimization module
Develop and maintain promotional, seasonal and event forecasts using Soft Solutions
Monitor Forecast accuracy and resolve exceptions with the goal of forecast improvement accounting for market intelligence
Works with Category and Planning leadership to understand trends, identify new products, new product and promotional strategies and evaluate impacts on demand
Monitor inventory and service level performance and resolve exceptions
Use input from the analytics team to determine appropriate forecast models and parameter settings
Work with Inventory and Category leadership to support a collaborative approach and structure.
Partner with Finance, Logistics & the Transportation organization to identify supply chain and financial opportunities
3+ years of Retail industry experience in Merchandise planning;
-JDA Forecasting & Replenishment.
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain or MBA an asset Supply Chain Certification.
- Previous experience in an S&OP environment.
- Strong overall computer skills using quantitative products, such as Excel Mathematical and strong statistical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to calculate and analyze key forecasting metrics such as forecast MAPE and bias.
- Strong business/financial acumen and Supply Chain knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to resolve high profile issues.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
High School diploma required.
Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain or Operations Management