Our large financial services client located in Newark, NJ is seeking a Sr Product Manager for a 6 month contract assignment with potential for extension.
The Customer Office at our client is a team that merges the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of one of the world's most established financial services companies to deliver best in class experiences to it’s customers. It’s an exciting and engaging environment with an agile mindset where team-members are encouraged to expand their skills, test creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Customer Office Product Management team and will bring a strong understanding of financial services products, technology, operations and agile methodologies. Understanding new business objectives and challenges, collaborating to drive agreement on strategic experiences across a decentralized team will be keys to success in this role.
Successful candidate will have a proven track record of building organizations and delivering results.
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
• Create solutions that are targeted at existing customers, prospects, as well as new customers
• Partner with UX, Content, and Marketing teams to develop copy, creative, marketing communications, and the overall digital customer experience to fit the product need
• Create and maintain user stories and partner with development teams to execute features and capabilities
• Develop and drive the companies product roadmap, driving critical capabilities from concept to customer.
• Engage with customers and partners to deliver roadmap updates, get product feedback, feed that information back into technology development process, and continuously identify next set of opportunities working closely with the internal and external clients.
• Serve as a product evangelist with Marketing, Sales, our customers and our partners.
• Understand the companies data ecosystem and drive insights on how to optimize data sources to enable the product roadmap.
• Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
• Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
• Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
• Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• 7+ years of Product Management experience in internet enabled businesses, preferably with Agile
• 2+ years of which in management roles with direct reports and parallel projects
• Proven experience in gathering and transforming customer/business needs into an actionable product roadmap, and product roadmaps into product requirements
• Understanding of customer transactions and communication, digital marketing, operational work flows, internet technologies, as well as development methodology for a complex multi-business website
• Strong user experience/design sense, with a record of building great products
• Understanding of technology is a huge plus
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Experience using agile methodologies to deliver products and technologies is a huge plus
• Ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment
• Experience in financial services companies a huge plus
• Experience in developing mobile app features is a huge plus