UX Content Strategist
We’re on a mission to put technology to practical use for the customer – enabling them to shop whenever/wherever, streamlining everyday tasks and, most importantly, humanizing the experience while saving them time and money.
The content strategist plays a crucial role in this mission, orchestrating our interactions with customers throughout the online journey, resolving any gaps in communication and collaborating with design for a best-in-class experience and straightforward, engaging content.
What You’ll Do:
• Solve complex problems, using data, analytics and business objectives to inform (but not overwhelm) customer-facing content
• Participate in generative research by visiting the store and being involved in user testing
• Define the value prop in every new initiative, helping keep the end goal in sight
• Write succinct, on-task content that engages users and reduces confusion, e.g., onboarding, toasts, modals, error messages, FAQ, transactional emails, push/SMS, etc.
• Ensure UX copy meets the highest level of compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
• Manage messaging to ensure satisfactory E2E experiences; minimize friction for the customer while driving desired outcomes
• Audit/revise/retire content, ensuring a consistency of voice and tone throughout the experience; enhance flows, page organization and information architecture
• Contribute to the development of content processes; collaborate with designers and researchers to support a cohesive UX ecosystem
• Educate business/product managers and other teams on content strategy’s role in shaping new features and program launches
What you’ll need:
• Significant writing and editing experience in e-commerce and tech, preferably B2C
• Solid work samples showcasing a data-driven approach that takes into consideration: business metrics, site assessment, competitive analysis and secondary research
• Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
• Exceptional command of grammar and punctuation
• Enthusiasm for following the latest industry news and developments
• Curiosity to design to ADA standards as well as test with screen readers
• Ability to juggle multiple projects; adaptable to ever-changing priorities
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience, or master’s degree and 3+ years of experience