- Woonsocket, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
Aquent's Fortune 500 client is searching for an Associate Creative Director to work an ongoing assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week in their HQ in Woonsocket, RI.
In this role, you will report directly to the Creative Director in leading the visual design ideation for the entire private brand portfolio. This candidate must possess a high creative aesthetic and advanced knowledge of branding + demonstrate a passion for strategic problem solving and utilize a deep understanding of design to develop packaging, visual identity and digital deliverables.
- Partner with Creative Director in overseeing external agency creative development, budget and deliverables
- Will aid in the concepting, design, and development of packaging, visual identity, digital assets for CVS store brands across a multi-stakeholder organization
- Will help to oversee mid-tier design exploration: brand segment development and extension
- Will work closely with the Store Brands Creative Director regarding the transition between exploratory design work (rebrands, refresh) and extending that work into item-based design
- Capable of creating and managing budgets for projects,
- You will work closely across the Store Brands team, as well as with merchandising, marketing and the Front Store Creative team.
- This role will also work closely with our vendor-based design team in both extending existing brands and managing design exploration as needed.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of design direction experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of packaging design experience
- Experience in leading, influencing people
- Brand leadership and education experience
- Experience working across multiple brands, sub-brands
- Strong presentation skills and experience
- Experience working in large organizations
- Proven to be able to navigate difficult timelines and deliver on time
- MUST have a strong portfolio highlighting cutting-edge packaging and product design
- Must be a talented and experienced creative director who brings cutting-edge thinking, high creative aesthetic and advanced knowledge of store brands and packaging to deliver best in-class product packaging to the customer
- Must demonstrate a passion for strategic problem solving and will utilize a deep understanding of design to develop store brands product and packaging
- Must be eager to stay current with the quickly evolving store brands and packaging world and possess enthusiasm for interfacing with internal business partners, creative peers and external agencies/vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills are required.
- Well organized and be able to communicate ideas and developing strategies.
- Resourceful and collaborative in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, and develop strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s innovations within their Retail Loyalty & Personalization program and Healthcare Services offerings is a standout characteristic. Their leadership, competitive edge and innovations within their businesses and markets is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!