- Boston OR Woonsocket, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Rosner
Aquent's Fortune 500 client is searching for an Interactive Visual Designer to work an ongoing assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week in their Back Bay, Boston office or HQ in Woonsocket, RI.
- You will be responsible for delivering visual design and graphic assets within the user experience group.
- You have a deep understanding of how a large-scale web site’s presentation layer is coded as it relates to the visual design, and how to apply best practices for CSS and graphic optimization.
- You will work side by side with a best of breed frontend development and UX team. Your focus will be to provide all necessary visual assets, and supply recommendations for best practices.
- The right incumbent will have great design chops and great familiarity and expertise in creating graphics for web. You Firebug sites in your sleep.
- You should be a great collaborator, highly organized, quick to grasp project needs, self-motivated and self-managed.
- The ability to flex and adjust to changing timelines (or push back where warranted) and manage multiple tasks and projects at once is crucial. Although, you will work under the direction of a UX director, the ability to self-start and curiously examine issues is a huge plus.
- STRONG portfolio highlighting visual design skills
- Minimum of three years experience in related field, 5 years+ preferred
- Ability to collaborate with developers, managers and strategists
- Ability to quickly discern the make-up of the HTML on any given site page
- Deep knowledge of site presentation layer best practices for mobile first and responsive web initiatives
- Hands on experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s loyalty to and personalization within the healthcare services industry is a standout characteristic. Their approach to this way of thinking about their business and the industry is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!