Competitive Intelligence Specialist
Global Product Strategy provides strategic business direction from research through development, commercialization, collaborating with functions and affiliates to shape the future of medicine.
The Strategic Insights & Analysis Team provides high quality insights on the market environment for relevant disease areas based on publicly available brand and market information, non-publicly available market intelligence, and market research.
Competitive Intelligence is a team of diverse backgrounds within SI&A that synthesizes medical, scientific, and commercial information from the external environment to drive decision-making for our clients portfolio. As a Competitive Intelligence Manager (CIM) you will act as a strategic business partner to Business Development, Research and Early Development (RED), Disease Area Teams (DATs), Product Development, Product and Portfolio Planning, and other cross functional teams.
You will provide objective competitive assessments and analyses to enable effective and informed decision-making. This includes insights on dynamic market changes and competition that impact business decisions and strategy.
In this position, with guidance from more senior members of the team, you will be primarily accountable for consistently and effectively:
● Being an expert in emerging oncology agents, modalities, and drug discovery platforms
● Recognition of emergent agents, MoAs, platforms, and modalities to identify threats and opportunities
● Ability to identify emerging development trends and potential opportunities for future development of our client
● Ability to accurately forecast competitor launch timelines and probabilities, identify critical competitors and data
● Lead or influence key internal development and commercialization decisions
● Drive translation of competitive findings into business recommendations that deliver success for the organization
● Data expert to assure that impactful, actionable competitor information and our client product differentiation is identified and taken into account during key decisions via strategic workshops or other venues
● Identify opportunities to improve high-level pharma portfolio strategy or our clients organization structure and decision-making by drawing on case examples or other information from the external environment
● Actively identifying CI information, data collection, and insight communication to varied stakeholders
● Based on knowledge of impending strategic decisions, identify available data sources, collect competitive intelligence, and synthesize information for commercial, medical, and scientific leaders
● Manage external vendor relationships for collection and structuring of CI data including planning and execution of CI at medical/scientific conferences
● Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the ethical conduct of client activities
● Collaborating with many other functions
● Ensure cross functional stakeholder alignment in support of CI initiatives and deliverables
● Partnering across Business Insights & Operations (BIO), GPS, BD, REDs, SI&A, Medical, Product Development, other functions
● Supporting CI team growth and people management
● Identification and execution of ways to improve the work processes of CI
● MD or PhD in a life-sciences, technical, or analytical discipline is required
● Complex strategic project leadership experience in a matrixed environment--specific examples of influence in strategy decisions are desired
It is preferred that the candidate has at least 1 of the following qualifications:
● Prior experience in strategic consulting, corporate strategy, financial/investment analysis, venture capital, or strategic planning experience in the biopharma industry
● Experience with projects leading biopharma teams through complex strategic decisions by synthesizing and incorporating competitor information
● Other experience in pharmaceutical product discovery or development
● International or global work experience is a plus, ability to travel globally required
● Fluency in written and spoken English is required Global Product Strategy provides strategic business direction from research through development, commercialization, collaborating with functions and affiliates to shape the future of medicine.