- Wilmington, DE
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Janna Karstens
Our client is a top Fortune 500 bank located in Wilmington, DE and they are looking for a Digital Art Director to join their team for a 12+ month contract. This Digital Art Director role is 40 hour a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
As a Digital Art Director, you will be responsible for handling projects from concept through execution across all digital media with a primary focus on emails, microsites, banner ads and video. Reporting to the digital creative lead in the bank’s internal agency, you’ll be collaborating with writers, developers, technology specialists, integrators, art buyers and account leads, as well as other art directors to deliver digital messaging solutions for products and services across many lines of business. You should be able to marry highly creative out-of-the-box thinking with brand/campaign guidelines while understanding both the challenges and opportunities of the digital channel.
Digital Art Director Responsibilities/Skills:
You should be able to:
• Develop concepts, designs/layouts and campaigns for client projects, applying brand and campaign guidelines and partnering with copywriters to ensure the art direction and visual presentation support the project's strategy.
• Understand target audience’s needs and behaviors while incorporating best practices and channel knowledge to promote the best user experience and results.
• Collaborate with creative, account services, production/art studio, channel/technology partners and extended team members to deliver breakthrough creative solutions.
• Show the flexibility to fulfill design, execution and testing roles.
• Present and sell ideas internally and to clients.
• Be proficient in working with HTML/CSS/JS with a strong understanding of the differences between email vs. web development and how to apply responsive solutions to both.
• Establish job specifications to conform to project scope and budget parameters.
• Maintain job folders, assets and other project-related documentation.
• Work independently as well as in collaboration with teammates.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
• Work on Mac but also be proficient on PC.
• Strong proficiency in Sketch and Adobe CC suite, primarily Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Animate and After Effects.
• Proficiency with HTML coding for email using tables, inline styles and media queries and working with testing tools such as Litmus or ReturnPath
• Demonstrate some skills using MPEG Streamclip and HandBrake.
• Use MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We’ve worked with this financial client for many years, though not dating back quite so far as when they were originally known as The Bank of Italy! Groundbreaking in 1904, with the founder’s daughter being the first woman to serve on any Board of Directors, and groundbreaking now, with their creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms - mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies.
We place candidates in long-term freelance roles with several departments here. Many welcome the opportunity to return again and again, and many are able to move on to agency roles, since the internal creative and digital agencies are run so closely to a traditional agency.
Talk about the best of both worlds! Trade off between corporate and agency throughout your creative career, and add them both to your expanding resume!
Aquenters working here are also well connected, even though the company itself is so big. We buddy you up internally, and make sure we’re not letting too much time lapse between happy hours!