- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
Partnering directly with another UX Desiger, this role will develop product designs for internal financial portfolio. Activities will include developing high level and/or detailed user journeys, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Together you will evaluate new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change. In parallel, develop, organize, and maintain internal style guides and master files.
- Solid academic background in interaction design or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable web-based interfaces.
- Strong visual design sense.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience creating the following UI design deliverables: Sitemaps, user flows, user journeys, wireframes, and high-fidelity layouts.
Candidates should have experience designing a product. That means that they have demonstrated the ability to work with digital product managers and engineers to understand user needs and design software that provides a specific utility to their end-users. In other words, they have designed digital tools before. In contrast, if their experience is exclusively with digital marketing, content, or purely informational sites or software, that is not enough experience for the role.
- Highly proficient in UI Design tools, especially Sketch, but also Adobe Creative Suite and/or various prototyping tools
- Experience working on enterprise software
- Experience with design systems
- Experience in financial industries or other relevant highly regulated industries
- Experience designing and shipping digital products
- Candidates must have created wireframes, user journeys, and other UX deliverables
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized
- Degree in design-related field
- Experience working with front end engineers to codify unified styles and components
- Experience reading and or writing CSS
- Experience working with (or even conducting) user research is a big plus
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: