- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Corey King
A UXRA will conduct qualitative user research using various methodologies such as usability lab studies, surveys, diary studies, literature reviews etc. in order to explore the behaviors and motivations of our users. The role will require delivering exciting oral, written, and visual presentations about research findings and insights in order to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, and fun.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to support the UX team. You’ll conduct and assist in primary and and evaluative research efforts to help reveal what our users need from our products.
- Under the guidance of senior UXRs, assist in planning, conducting, and analyzing user studies such as usability lab studies (both in-person and remote), surveys, diary studies, literature reviews, etc.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, data scientists, and other researchers to prioritize research questions.
- Evangelize and communicate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating design sprints and research events.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Assist in planning, conducting, and analysing user studies such as usability lab studies (both in-person and remote), surveys, diary studies, literature reviews, etc.
2. Work closely with product managers, designers, data scientists, and other researchers to prioritize research questions and inform product strategy.
3. Evangelize and communicate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2 year industry experience conducting user research.
- Experience with a range of qualitative research methods and analysis techniques.
- Experience with large scale surveys design and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: