- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is in need of a Marketing Project Manager for a 12-week assignment onsite in their Hartford County office. This position is responsible for ensuring that smart and appropriate marketing communications are created, produced and distributed to the company’s external customer audience and meet the business and communications goals of the business. As a member of this marketing team, the Project Manager has an initial consultative role to identify the business’ needs and goals, collaborate in developing communications solutions, and manage the development and production to meet business expectations of quality, estimated turnaround time and costs. The Project Manager’s core competencies in marketing communications project management and creative development, and in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients, will be key to success in this role. Importantly, the Project Manager will work with Marketing partners to keep all incoming requests within the larger context of what is most appropriate for the external customer audience as well as determine how any new requests might be addressed with existing solutions to ensure effectiveness. The impact of this position is in ensuring simple, clear, effective and efficient delivery of consistent and customer-focused communication to the appropriate audiences, in keeping with overall brand standards so that all efforts help improve the company’s ability to stand out in the marketplace.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the entire team in the planning and development of appropriate, customer centric communications solutions to meet marketing and business goals
• Help develop and manage project proposal and creative briefing documents including message direction, in preparation for communications creation and production
• Partner as needed with other marketing staff to ensure product/ business segment message consistency
• Manage all assigned projects from strategy, creative development and production through established workflow processes
• Work with Creative partners to manage the estimates and timelines for all projects
• Seek consultation, when needed, with internal and external partners/vendors to inform the project team and the client with information needed to make decisions on project direction
• Track and report estimated vs. actual costs
• Track schedules to ensure on-time delivery
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 5 years of client service experience, preferably including prior employment with an advertising agency or a corporate marketing organization
• Demonstrated experience developing and delivering B2C communications programs
• Experience evaluating customer needs
• Proven systemic view, ability to guide the end-to-end solutions
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment
• Solid creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support/buy-in
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Healthcare experience is strongly preferred
Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to start.