- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment client in Santa Monica, CA is seeking a Consumer & Market Insights manager to join their team. This is a 3-month temporary role with the possibility of extending.
The Consumer and Market Insights (CMI) team is seeking a CMI Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our Insights team. As a CMI Manager, you will support its research and insights initiatives around our brand, product and audience. This role will be focused on crafting research, interpreting data, translating it into ideas and building stunning PowerPoint reports to support the company’s Marketing, Content, Product and Distribution teams. The right person for this role is someone passionate about bringing the voice of the consumer to the boardroom and who is can balance multiple projects at once. Are you someone who is rock star analyst/manager at a top market research firm or a media and entertainment company, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the complete process of planning and executing qualitative and quantitative research studies (i.e. questionnaire development, programming and testing surveys, analyzing results, and producing final reports). Much of the brand's primary research is conducted in-house and candidates should have experience writing questionnaires, working with various internal databases, analyzing raw data, and building reports from scratch.
- Run all aspects of a consumer insights projects from developing questionnaires, pull a sample and create data analysis plans, screeners, discussion guides and reports.
- Synthesize primary and secondary research data from multiple sources (e.g. SNL Kagan, MRI, Nielsen etc) to tell a holistic story. Identify market trends and consumer insights and translate them into actionable ideas and strategies
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years of entertainment research experience, preferably at a market research supplier focused on the Entertainment vertical
- Comfortable working with large quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media and technology
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills. Proficient with survey tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Gizmo.
- Strong SPSS skills or other analytical tools
- Highly organized and attention to details with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills who can interact at all levels of the organization
- Team player, collaborative and inclusive
- BA/BS in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, or related field. Must have a strong academic record and analytical background.
- Nice-to-haves: Experience working in the streaming video-on-demand (SVOD) or multi-video- programming distribution (MVPD) industry working for a distributor or content provider
Our client is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers