- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
As an Interactive Designer within the Retail Marketing team, you will join a group of retail specialists, creatives, experience designers, producers, product marketers, and brand managers whose mission it is to fundamentally change how people shop. The Creative Team within Retail Marketing concepts, designs, executes and supervises best-in-class digital experiences for our online and in-store properties.
Additional Role Description:
You think in pictures. You breathe simple, beautiful, surprising, and connective design. You have a portfolio of work that is both gorgeous in its intuition, and beautiful in its, well, beauty. You understand where humanity meets aesthetic, and pursue that intersection relentlessly and without hesitation. You enjoy finding new ways to visually define complex ideas and technologies in simple, approachable, and human terms. You are a progressive, tech savvy, and big thinking designer.
- Provide design and creative vision for the development and implementation of marketing communications across all digital retail touch points including UX, wireframing, creative pitches, motion graphics, on-device demos, digital and experiential with the ability to understand how creative ideas will translate globally.
- Effectively craft design details to support creative programs and design concepts that meet the brand and business objectives and advance our retail strategy.
- Translate ideas through various design skills (drawing/sketching, ideation, color theory, typography, imagery, and textures) while understanding the context, insight, and visual design realities at retail.
- Be a multi-brand steward by holding creative work to established style guides while working to improve and evolve those guides, delivery systems, and processes.
- BA or MFA degree in Design or related discipline or 5 or more years of relevant experience
- 5 or more years experience at world class design firm/agency working on iconic global brands
- Advanced skill in Adobe’s creative suite and a portfolio of original and breakthrough ideas
- Smart, bold, and accessible sense of design
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Highly organized and ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects
- Interest in world-changing leaps in technology, along with a healthy disrespect for the impossible
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: