- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Katie Denfeld
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
- This team is focused on developing new augmented reality experiences for mobile users.
This UX Designer will be responsible for exploring and designing AR features. They will be working closely with senior members of our cross-functional team to uncover new UX patterns, test ideas in prototype form, and bring a feature through the full product development cycle. This UX Designer must be skilled in UX, HCI, in addition to having experience with 3D, Unity, and designing for AR applications. On a daily basis they will be making lightweight prototypes using Unity or motion design software, documenting UX patterns, and working closely with engineering and product to bring the feature to users in mobile.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Investigating core user needs related to the new user journey we’re aiming to support.
- Making mocks and lightweight prototypes using Unity or motion design software to communicate and test ideas.
- Documenting UX patterns and working with the larger design and engineering teams to implement these in product.
- Please include the candidate’s portfolio.
- Examples of UX Design, augmented reality, lightweight prototyping.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in the field of UX design
- 2+ years experience working in design for augmented reality (preferred) or virtual reality.
- Interaction design, HCI, lightweight prototyping
- Sketch, Unity, 3D software
- At least Bachelor's degree in design, HCI, computer science, or a related field.
- AfterEffects Cinema 4D Maya
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: